Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's baaaack! The BeerBrarian's Guide to Computers in Libraries 2013

Since I live in DC, I thought an insider's perspective might be useful for the upcoming Computers in Libraries 2013 conference, which meets at the Hilton just north of Dupont Circle.

A brief word about the guide:
With a few exceptions, anything posted below have been vetted by me. These are places I frequent, or at least have been in. Not mentioned is that west of the conference there are many embassies, which would be a nice walk during breaks, or after the sessions have ended for the day.

There are some dine arounds, but they're at very pedestrian restaurants. I understand the distinction between a good meal and good food, so if you're doing one of these, it's for networking and the company, and not what's on your plate.

The Washington Post has a guide to the area. It's a bit unwieldy, but comprehensive.

I write for DCBeer.com on the side. Here's their guide to beer in the area.

If you're familiar with Dupont Circle and think I missed anything, please let me know.


View Computers in Libraries in a larger map

Cherry blossom season in DC will hit its peak between April 3rd and 6th, right before Computers in Libraries. The Washington Post has put together a handy graphic on the Tidal Basin area.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the beer guide! I think I have a few places to check out while I'm at CIL.
    -Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete